March 28, 2009

Opting out...

So last Saturday, I went to one of my dear friends 2nd baby's first birthday. We started TTC at the same time and she is now one...but I digress. Her family is like my own but because of that I was asked no less than 5 times why I don't have a baby and,"What's wrong with you?", etc....well you get the picture. Of course I gave the usual well you know soon hopefully with a smile and quickly left the room. I know they don't want to be mean but its a little stab in my heart everytime.

So today is her son's birthday (he's 5) and the party is at Chucky Cheese. I know she really wants me to be there. As much as I would love to be in a place filled with kids screaming...I mean playing, and the fresh aroma of stinky feet, I have decided to opt out of this one.

I usually make it a point to go to all my friends and family "baby things" because I didn't want to feel bitter or anything but this is the second time I am opting out of something and it feels good. Self preservation I say. Next year this time, who knows, maybe I will be happy for yucky pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment