April 24, 2009

Made it to Beautiful Blast Friday!

I woke up about 6AM this morning because I just couldn't sleep. It was beautiful and sunny outside and ging up to 72 degrees. It took them a while to call to tell us whether or not it was a go. So when they did at 9AM I think I could of thrown up I was so relieved.

I immediately started downing a ridiculous amount of water because I afraid I would not be able to fill my bladder in time for the transfer at 11AM. I was mistaken. We drove to the office and I could harldly walk I had to go so bad. We got there at 10:35 and they said they were running a little behind so I just ran to the bathroom and went. I immediately started chugging more water.

At 11 they brought us back and my husband put on the paper coveralls and I put on the gown. They put us in the room and I layed down and realized I had to go again. Now I understand the whole full bladder thing but really??? I started to pee on myself so my DH went out and asked if I could just empty a little because I was not going to make it. She said I could just empty a little just make sure not to fully. So you know what kind of control that takes.

Finally the doctor came in and said we had one good blast and the second was also a blast but still a little slow. So they decided to transfer both but when we were going to do it the lab said the slow one wasn't looking to good so we just transfered the one.....I didn't care I was so happy to get this far. So he started the procedure and explaine deverything step by step. While they do it, the nurse is holding the ultrasound pressing against my belly. It was really uncomfortable because of course my bladder was bursting. I was so concentrated on the screen I didn't realized I started to pee a little on the doctor but I pulled back as soon as I felt it. They had me lay down for 10 mins to relax but as soon as I "relaxed" I couldn't stop. I was so embarrased. Doesn't get any sexier than this huh? Well when we left, I then went to accupuncture and went home to rest.
10 days til Beta. Now it's just time to snuggle in.

1 comment: